One of the hardest parts of writing a great research paper about and LGBT issue is coming up with a good topic to research. There are a lot of LGBT research topics in discussion, but students can be overwhelmed with all the options. Our research paper writers have put together this list of unique LGBT research paper topics for consideration:
Table of Contents
- Transgender Research Topics
- Controversial Human Sexuality Topics
- Gay Rights Research Paper Topics
- LGBT Discussion Topics for College
- Transgender Research Paper Topics
- Easy LGBT Topics for Research Papers
- LGBT Discussion Questions
- LGBT Topics for Research Papers
- LGBT Group Discussion Topics
- LGBT Writing Prompts
Transgender Research Topics
Issues related to transgender people and their rights have been at the forefront of the news in the past decade. Here are some topics worth consideration:
- Why does the transgender community feel separated from the gay community?
- How to tell your family and friends that you are transgender?
- How does the medical community treat transgender people?
- What does it mean to be accepted as transgender?
- When does one decide to tell others that they are transgender?
- What is the biggest challenge transgender people face in the workplace?
- Are people that are transgender afforded the same rights?
- What challenges do transgender people face in public spaces?
- Do transgender people identify as gay?
- What laws have limited the rights of transgender people?
- How has religion oppressed transgender people?
- What makes transgender youth such a difficult period in life?
- What type of discrimination do transgender people face?
- Can transgender people hold religious positions?
Controversial Human Sexuality Topics
LGBT essay topics are great to write about because many discussions are occurring on the internet. Writing about controversial ideas is a great way to get the reader’s attention. Here are some great topics to consider:
- Does age have a role in the way people respond to LGBT issues?
- How can the LGBTQ community express personal traits?
- Does personal fashion put the LGBT community at risk of harm?
- How has our interpretation of sexuality changed in terms of psychology?
- How does gender fluidity change how we view sexuality?
- What does it mean to be “open” today?
- What is paraphilia and how does it affect mental health?
- How has our view of sexuality changed in the last half-century?
- How has human sexuality research advanced in the last decade?
- What is the meaning of human sexuality in the 21st century?
- What is considered healthy sexual behavior?
- Is the LGBT community more likely to be promiscuous?
- How does aging affect sexuality in the LGBT community?
- Should teens be educated about sexuality at an earlier age?
Gay Rights Research Paper Topics
When it comes to human rights, there are plenty of gay topics that will make great research assignments. Here are a few topics from MyPaperWriter to consider and think about to get the ball rolling:
- What are some examples of the adversities the gay community faces?
- How is the gay community discriminated against in the workplace?
- What role do openly gay athletes play in promoting the rights of the LGBT community?
- How did the activist groups of the 1970s help promote gay rights?
- How have politicians of the 21st century impacted gay rights?
- In what ways have people used religion to diminish the rights of the LGBT community?
- What impact did the protection of civil unions have in the U.S.?
- Why do some states deny acknowledgment of civil unions from other states?
- What effect did the incarceration of gay protestors have on the country?
- What influence did Harvey Milk have in promoting the rights of the LGBT community?
- How much have celebrities impacted the promotion of gay rights?
- How have assassinations of prominent gay leaders helped the rights of gay people?
- What has been the aftermath of the rights movements of the 1980s?
- How much impact has the Human Rights Campaign had on the U.S.?
LGBT Discussion Topics for College
There are a ton of LGTBQ research topics that can make for good discussion issues. The following ideas have been put together by our academic experts and can be easily researched on the web:
- How do phrases like “it will get better” impact the LGBTQ community?
- How has the sports community embraced people that identify as LGBT?
- What role have filmmakers had in promoting the LGBTQ culture and community?
- How has the current media affected the way we view the LGBT community?
- How have professional athletes help promote the acceptance of the gay community?
- What impact has Gay Pride Month had on social awareness?
- Are people more likely to come out as LGBTQ in our current society?
- What impact does religion have on the policy that denies LGBTQ rights?
- How has the music community helped spread messages in support of gay rights?
- The common effect of counterculture and the LGBT community?
- Community efforts to mobilize work in LGBT communities.
- Moving resources from the U.S. to third world countries will help?
- The massive effort from the first world to third world nations.
- Medical implants that go against cultural traditions.
Transgender Research Paper Topics
Several transgender research questions are reaching the forefront of popular discussion. For those students interested in researching this area, the following topics might be interesting:
- What is the current state of transgender rights in the U.S.?
- What does science tell us about sexual orientation?
- How have the legal rights of transgender people changed in the last 50 years?
- In what ways is sexual orientation different from gender identity?
- What role did the Stonewall Riots of 1969 have on transgender people?
- The best ways to understand the current transgender phenomenon.
- What are the major challenges between the transgender community and the gay community?
- Should transgender athletes be allowed to compete in sports?
- What is the best way to get Americans to consider diversity in society?
- What impact did Bruce Jenner’s transition have on transgender acceptance?
- How are transgender people discriminated against in the workplace?
- At what age should transgender people identify with their chosen gender?
- Does birth order affect whether a person may identify as LGBTQ?
- What is the difference between a non-binary and a transgender person?
Easy LGBT Topics for Research Papers
If you don’t have much time to conduct in-depth research, you need to consider a topic that is relatively easy to find information about. The following list of ideas are suitable for a project you need to get done quickly:
- Changing cultural views when there is so much information to rely on.
- Gender identity in the U.S. and how it impacts social norms.
- The impact that video games have on human sexuality.
- In what ways has the U.S. healthcare system made it difficult for the LGBTQ communities?
- Violence against the LGBTQ communities over the decades.
- How can we educate youth to be inclusive of the LGBTQ communities?
- Discuss the relationship between the LGBT community and religious groups.
- Will same-sex marriages ever be protected by federal law?
- The impact that the Human Rights Campaign has had in raising awareness.
- Gender issues in the workplace for women that identify as gay.
- An examination of how acceptance of the LGBTQ community has evolved in the U.S.
- In what ways does the LGBT community feel isolated?
- What challenges and dangers do LGBT inmates face?
- What are the best practices for political groups working to improve LGBT rights?
LGBT Discussion Questions
These LGBT project ideas are great for serious academic discussions. They cover a variety of issues and can be easily researched online and at the library. Just be sure you get your information from trustworthy sources:
- What can schools do to improve LGBT inclusion on campuses?
- Discuss the treatment of the LGBT community in the early 20th
- What are the divorce rates among same-sex marriages?
- LGBT populations around the world.
- Should LGBTQ people be allowed to hold high offices in religious organizations?
- What are some unique challenges affecting LGBT communities?
- How have gender roles changed as a result of LGBT communities?
- Have employers done enough to implement anti-discriminatory practices?
- The length of time it takes to identify sexual abnormalities.
- In what ways does the internet affect LGBT communities?
- Are there any LGBT-specific diseases?
- Are LGBT couples better at raising children?
- The effectiveness of LGBT support groups.
- Should the military reconsider the acceptance of LGBT persons?
LGBT Topics for Research Papers
Here are some ideas that can be used for a research paper or a presentation. They are argumentative and allow students to encourage debate on a hot topic:
- Are schools doing enough to support LGBT students?
- Are LGBT couples more or less likely to divorce compared to straight couples?
- Will the LGBT community thrive under the Biden administration?
- Should the health community do more to reach out to LGBT people?
- How can we learn more about the mental health of people in the LGBT community?
- How important is it for professional athletes to come out?
- How has the LGBT community been portrayed in media?
- What challenges do same-sex couples face when adopting?
- What are the biggest issues with same-sex marriage?
- Are professional LGBT athletes afraid of discrimination?
- Does the LGBT community get adequate medical attention?
- What is the state of LGBT in militaries around the world?
- How have LGBTQ people been portrayed on television?
- How do adolescents identify with sexuality?
LGBT Group Discussion Topics
If you are working on a group project, the following LGBT thesis topics allow you to take in different perspectives and address several questions related to a single focus:
- What are the biggest issues with LGBTQ hate crimes?
- What is the history of LGBTQ rights in New York?
- The portrayal of LGBTQ people in films.
- Should the federal government add an anti-discrimination bill?
- Should the government intervene with discriminatory practices in the workplace?
- Is there worldwide support for same-sex marriages?
- How effective is LGBT parenting?
- Which religions are more likely to reject LGBT people in their congregations?
- At what point was homosexuality considered an identity?
- How has gender identity changed cultural norms?
- What is the success rate for an LGBT marriage to a heterosexual person?
- What has biological research shown us about sexual orientation?
- How do reproductive technologies affect the LGBT community?
- When did LGBT emerge as an identity?
LGBT Writing Prompts
These LGBT topics cover a wide variety of subjects that from legal issues to social issues. You should be able to find an ample amount of resources online and at the library:
- How is gender identity differs from sexual orientation?
- What are some inspirational coming-out stories?
- How are people of LGBTQ communities being bullied?
- Who are some of the most influential LGBTQ writers or artists?
- Why do transgender people feel the need to “pass”?
- What impact have LGBTQ film festivals had on encouraging visibility?
- Are there any LGBT themes in the Bible?
- Was there a period when the social climate was accepting of same-sex attraction?
- What are the differences between gay and lesbian parenting?
- Who are some pioneering LGBT activists?
- Who is a person that has had a great influence on LGBT rights?
- Why is asexuality misunderstood?
- What are discrimination issues that are unique to LGBTQ?
- What legal rights have changed for LGBT people in the last decade?
We are an expert online service that provides the highest quality research papers that other cheap services cannot match. If you need professional writing help and cheap custom research papers, contact our support staff by chat, email, or phone. We will connect you with an editing and writing expert who can help you with your college assignments.